First debate of History Wars will air this Saturday Oct. 1st at 8:30am on CPAC
If you missed the first debate of History Wars, you can now watch it this Saturday October 1st at 8:30am on CPAC! Tune in to see David Frum and Lawrence Martin debate the resolution: Pierre Trudeau was Canada’s most disastrous Prime Minister.
The archive will be available on CPAC’s website after the broadcast (Monday October 3rd).
Get a glimpse of the debate by reading their opening statements here or read the following media coverage of the debate:
- Live History Wars Coverage by David Watson of the Ottawa Citizen
- “The case against Trudeau: that’s it?” by John Geddes, Macleans.ca, September 28, 2011
- “Frum vs. Martin vs. Trudeau: Legacy in the eyes of the beholder” by Ben Travers, iPolitics.ca, September 28, 2011
- “Was Trudeau a disaster?” by Anthony Furey, Ottawa Sun, September 28, 2011
- Open remarks published in the Ottawa Citizen were also published in the Calgary Herald, Regina’s Leader-Post, FrumForum.com and Huffington Post Canada.
The next History Wars debate is on November 11, 2011 at 6:30pm at the Bronson Centre in Ottawa. The resolution: After Afganistan the Canadian forces should keep the peace rather than wage war. Debate will be between Michael Byers and Jack Granatstein with Michael Bliss moderating. Register now for your tickets!
- First History Wars debate on the legacy of Pierre Trudeau: Success! September 28, 2011 – Yesterday evening, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute hosted the first History Wars debate at the Canadian...
- Second debate of History Wars will air tonight, November 18th, at 8:30pm on CPAC November 18, 2011 – If you missed the second debate of History Wars, you can now...
- History Wars debate this Friday November 11! There is still time to get your tickets today! On November 11, 2011, join us at the Bronson Centre in Ottawa starting at 6:30...
- History Wars: Was Trudeau a disaster? David Frum and Lawrence Martin debate The Macdonald-Laurier Institute hosted the first History Wars debate on September 27, 2011. The debate,...
- The Macdonald-Laurier Institute Presents History Wars: Four Debates on Canada’s History CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR DEBATE #4 THE EVENT History Wars is a series of...
Please note that the link above was live when posted. Older links may no longer be functional.