Resolved: Wealth has too much power in Canada – May 9, 2013 at 7 PM
Resolved: Wealth has too much power in Canada
Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Location presented at the Barney Danson Theatre, Canadian War Museum, 1 Vimy Place, Ottawa ON K1A 0M8
Endless financial scandals, the Occupy movement, huge CEO salaries – has the time come to reassess our capitalist system and values? Is it time to cut the 1% down to size? Armine Yalnizyan, senior economist at the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, goes head-to-head against William Watson, Professor of economics at McGill University and regular columnist in the National Post and Ottawa Citizen. The moderator for the evening is Canadian historian Jack Granatstein.
*Special addition: Debate evening includes private reception and access to the War Musem’s special exhibit.
For more information, click here.
Note: The debates will be in English and simultaneous translation in French will be available courtesy of the Canadian War Museum.
For more information, please contact Robin Bourke, Office and Events Manager at the Macdonald-Laurier Institute, at (613) 482-8327 ext. 101 or email@example.com.
- MLI in iPolitics: Read Jack Granatstein’s primer on next Great Canadian Debate “Wealth has too much power in Canada” MLI’s next Great Canadian Debate “Wealth has too much power in Canada” is May 9....
- Does Wealth Have too Much Power in Canada: MLI’s Great Canadian Debates on CPAC and in the Ottawa Citizen Thank you to everyone who attended MLI’s 4th debate in the Great Canadian Debate 2012/2013 Series, Resolved: Does wealth...
- Commentary – No Dutch Treat: Oil and Gas Wealth Benefits All Parts of Canada MEDIA RELEASE OTTAWA, May 30, 2012 – Ontario, Quebec and other provinces will enjoy benefits...
- Inside Policy’s Scott Clark comments on budget transparency on CTV’s Power Play, CBC’s Power and Politics, and in the National Post March 6, 2013 – The recently released Inside Policy article by Scott Clark and Peter...
- New MLI Event – National security, national interest, and natural resources: What should Canadians think about CNOOC’s bid for Nexen? MEDIA RELEASE OTTAWA, September 26, 2012 – The Macdonald-Laurier Institute is pleased to announce a...
Please note that the link above was live when posted. Older links may no longer be functional.