On April 27, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute was honoured to host His Excellency Egils Levits, President of the Republic of Latvia, as part of the Canada and the Baltics Strategic Dialogue. While much of this dialogue was conducted as a closed-door meeting under Chatham House rules, we are pleased to share President Levits' remarks and the surrounding commentary.
- His Excellency Egils Levits, President of the Republic of Latvia
- The Hon. Karina Gould, Minister of International Development
- MP Rob Oliphant, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Brian Lee Crowley, Managing Director, Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- Jocelyn Kinnear, Canada's Ambassador to the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe
To learn more about MLI's Canada in the Baltics Initiative, click here.
For three years now, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute has made Canada’s relationships and security commitments in Eastern Europe a major pillar of our foreign policy work.
Beginning with a series of events and publications establishing the rationale for extending Canada’s Enhanced Forward Presence mission in Latvia, through our ground-breaking work on Russian disinformation efforts in the West, to our meeting in the spring of 2019 with political directors and ambassadors from the three Baltic nations, MLI has been the Canadian leader in promoting strong ties between Canada and the Baltics.
This important dialogue is a continuation of that work.
MLI would not exist without the support of its donors. Please consider making a small contribution today.