As Canadians anticipate a federal election in a few months’ time, how we pay for drugs and how much they cost is bound to be one of the most pressing issues.
With the recent interim report of the government’s panel on pharmacare and the budget announcement of a new Canadian Drug Agency, there are plenty of questions about how best to ensure affordable and comprehensive coverage for Canadians. To begin to answer these questions, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute has assembled a top-level panel of experts with a wide range of perspectives on the issue, from noted physicians to prominent advocates.
Join us to hear some of the best ideas for protecting the health and prosperity of Canadians.
- Date: May 27, 2019
- Time: 12pm-2pm (registration starts at 11:30 am)
- Location: The Rideau Club, Main Dining Room, 99 Bank Street, 15th floor (note: there is one specific "Rideau Club" elevator which grants access to the floor)
Lunch will be served.
For more information about the event, please contact Allison Carrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Brian Lee Crowley, Managing Director, Macdonald-Laurier Institute
- Sean Speer, MLI Munk Senior Fellow
- Shawn Whatley, MLI Senior Fellow, former president of the Ontario Medical Association
- Durhane Wong-Reiger, President and CEO of the Canadian Association for Rare Disorders
- Matthew Brougham, Senior Global Consultant, Brougham Consulting & Certara, Evidence & Access, former chief executive of the New Zealand Pharmaceutical Management Agency
- Judith Glennie, President, JL Glennie Consulting Inc., former official in the Canadian and Ontario health ministries
Dress Code: Casual Business Attire
- a. For men: smart, casual tailored trousers or pants; jacket optional but recommended; shirts with collars and sleeves and turtleneck sweaters.
- b. For women: smart, casual tailored trouser or pants; skirts; collared shirts; collarless shirts; blouses and sleeveless summer dresses.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Allison at email@example.com.