Unable to make it to our Intellectual Property Strategy for Canada event on Thursday, June 15, 2017?
You can check out all the discussion and presentations on our Facebook page.
Intellectual property rights are a hot topic in Canada, with federal government promising to develop an "intellectual property strategy" in this year's budget. This idea is welcome. Canada has an uneven record on intellectual property policy.
With a major new project, the Macdonald-Laurier Institute is seeking to start a national conversation about the importance of IP, and how it positively contributes to investment, innovation, and job creation. We will hear from Parliamentary Secretary David Lametti about the government's plans, and we have convened a high-level panel to discuss the state of intellectual property rights in Canada. We hope you will join us.
- When: June 15, 2017, program begins at 8 am
Host: Brian Lee Crowley, Macdonald-Laurier Institute Managing Director
Opening Remarks: David Lametti, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
Presentation: Richard Owens, MLI Munk Senior Fellow
Panel Moderator: Sean Speer, MLI Munk Senior Fellow
- Barry Sookman, Senior Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- Erin Finlay, Chief Legal Officer, Canadian Media Producers Association
- Stephen Ezell, Vice President, Global Innovation Policy, at the Information Technology and Innovation Foundation (ITIF)
- Declan Hamill, Vice-President, Legal and Regulatory Affairs & Policy, Innovative Medicines Canada
MLI would not exist without the support of its donors. Please consider making a small contribution today.